How to Write a Press Release for a Film
- Create a release headline. Be concise, and choose words that will spark the reader’s interest in the film. Use all capital letters for the headline.
- Write an interesting opening sentence that grabs the reader’s attention. Focus on a human-interest angle or timely information about the movie.
- Place the most important and interesting information at the beginning of the release. Mention the film's stars, the director and the release date.
- Add information about cast and crew biographies and other details about the film at the end of the release. Those who receive the release may not have the time to read the entire document.
- Proof the release carefully. Then have a trusted colleague, preferably someone with knowledge of the project, proof it again before sending it out.
Due Friday May 16